Tuition costs and fees
Definitions of ASU tuition costs and fees
As an ASU student, you will pay tuition (the cost of taking your classes) and fees (a charge for the use of something like technology or the gym). Your tuition and fees will differ from other students based on a variety of factors.
What are the tuition and fees at ASU?
ASU tuition costs vary on a number of things, the biggest being whether you are a resident or nonresident of Arizona. To determine your tuition and fees, visit our Tuition Estimator.
ASU fees also vary by student type, but there are some fees, such as the athletics fee, that all students are required to pay. (But by paying it you get to attend all ASU Athletics events. Go Devils!) View a complete list of ASU fees.
Types of ASU tuition
Students who have established that they are Arizona residents for tuition purposes typically attend college at a lower rate than out of state students. Students are asked to prove their residency status by meeting certain criteria.
Students who are not residents of Arizona will pay an out of state tuition rate. Some non-resident students may be eligible for reduced tuition through programs such as the Western Undergraduate Exchange.
As an international student, you’ll pay ASU for tuition and fees. Housing and food, books, course materials, supplies, and equipment, transportation, and personal expenses will vary. Learn more about tuition as an international student.
ASU Online tuition costs range between $561–$1,343 per credit hour, depending on your program, transfer credits and course load. Learn more about ASU Online tuition.
Common ASU fees
Colleges charge students various fees to support certain programs that in turn support students. These fees vary depending on the college. Read on for some examples of ASU student fees. This is not a complete list of ASU student fees, but is intended to give you an idea of what they are and what they're for.
- Recreation fee ($25) to support programs and services at the Sun Devil Fitness Complex.
- Student Service Facility fee ($75) to build and refurbish common student spaces.
- Student Programs fee ($35) for programs that support the student experience.
- Health and Wellness fee ($55) for health and counseling services.
- Student Athletic fee ($75) to support Sun Devil Athletics (and get free tickets in return).
- College and school fees These fees vary depending on your college. Check with them for more details.
How can I find out how much my tuition will be?
- Identify which ASU degree you want to earn.
- Determine whether you are an in-state resident, or if you are an out-of-state, or international student.
- Determine your general costs by using the tuition estimator and list of common fees.
- Explore your financial aid options.
- Receive an estimate of how much financial aid you can apply to tuition costs.
- Existing students will receive monthly eBills on My ASU.