Complete and submit online.
Parent review form
Financial circumstances have changed for many families as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. If your family’s financial situation has changed since you filed your FAFSA, you may want to submit a Parent Review form. The review process will allow ASU to reevaluate your FAFSA and your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) — the measurement of your family’s financial strength that helps determine your eligibility for need-based aid — to establish if you are eligible for additional aid based on the change in your circumstances.
Important notes about the parent review process:
- If your EFC was established as zero when you completed the FAFSA, you have already been offered the maximum amount of aid possible and will not be eligible for a parent review. Not sure what your EFC is? You’ll find it printed on the upper right side of the Student Aid Report you received after filing your FAFSA.
- To ensure the documents are applied to the student’s financial aid file, the student — not the parent — will need to submit the materials using the student’s first name, last name, and ASU 10-digit ID number.
- If your current situation is not listed on the form and you want to know if it is reviewable, please contact us and a counselor will work to assess your situation. Not all situations are reviewable per federal regulations.
- Reviews will not be processed until your financial aid file is complete.
- Changes resulting from this review do not guarantee an increase in aid.
For aid received during the 2021-2022 aid year (fall 2021, spring 2022, or summer 2022) you may either print and submit the form electronically or by mail, or complete an eForm.
- Download, print and fill out the Parent Review PDF form.
- Collect the required supporting documentation.
- Include a personal statement explaining your family’s special circumstances.
- Click on the eForm below and follow the instructions provided to mail or upload your completed Parent Review form and supporting documents.
To submit an eForm:
- Select the form for the appropriate academic year below. Then follow the instructions to upload and submit the form and supporting documents digitally.