Complete and submit online.
2022–2023 Student and parent AGI match
Why this is needed
When a parent’s tax information is reported under both the student income and parent income (i.e., double reported) on the FAFSA, it tends to result in an improperly high Expected Family Contribution, and the student may not receive the type and amount of aid for which they are eligible.
It appears you and your parent reported the same Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) on your FAFSA. Please upload the necessary documents in the eForm below to allow ASU to make the necessary corrections to your FAFSA. Disbursement of your awards will not be held up by this item.
Request a Verification of Nonfiling Letter from the IRS. Once received, upload a copy to the eForm below.
How to request a Verification of Nonfiling Letter
- Get Transcript by Mail - Go to irs.gov and click "Get Your Tax Record." Click "Get Transcript by Mail." Make sure to request the "Return Transcript" and NOT the "Account Transcript." The transcript is generally received within ten business days from the IRS's receipt of the online request.
- Get Transcript Online - Go to irs.gov and click "Get Your Tax Record." Click "Get Transcript Online." Make sure to request the "Return Transcript" and NOT the "Account Transcript." To use the Get Transcript Online tool, the user must have access to a valid email address, a text-enabled mobile phone (pay-as-you-go plans cannot be used) in the user's name, and specific financial account numbers (such as a credit card number or an account number for a home mortgage or auto loan). The transcript displays online upon successful completion of the IRS's two-step authentication.
- Automated Telephone Request - Call 1-800-908-9946. Transcript is generally received within ten business days from the IRS's receipt of the telephone request.
- Paper Request Form - Submit either IRS Form 4506T-EZ or IRS Form 4506-T. The transcript is generally received within ten business days from the IRS's receipt of the paper request form.
- If after ten business days you have been unsuccessful in obtaining the 2020 Verification of Nonfiling Letter from the Internal Revenue Service, you may submit a signed and dated statement in lieu of the Verification of Nonfiling Letter containing the following information.
- Your full name.
- You did not file and was not required to file a 2020 Federal Tax Return.
- You were unsuccessful in obtaining an IRS Verification of Nonfiling Letter.
- The date you attempted to contact the IRS.
- Indicate whether or not you have a Social Security number or Individual Tax Identification number.
- Indicate if you had income earned from work in 2020. If yes, you must list your employers and amount received in 2020.
If you had income earned from work in 2020, upload a copy of all your 2020 W-2 forms in the eForm below.
If you have lost your 2020 W-2’s, request a replacement from the employer who issued the original or request a Wage and Income Transcript from the IRS.
How to request a Wage and Income Transcript
You can use one of the following methods to replace your 2020 W-2 forms.
- Request a replacement copy from the employer who issued the original.
- You can instantly retrieve a wage and income transcript online at the IRS Get Transcript website. The online tool requires the user to register before submitting a request. The user can only use this option if they have the following:
- Access to a valid email address.
- A Social Security number.
- Your filing status and address from the last-filed tax return.
- A text-enabled mobile phone in the user’s name (pay-as-you-go plans cannot be used).
- Your personal account number from one of the following: credit card, home mortgage loan, home equity line of credit or car loan.
- During the registration process, the IRS will send the user a confirmation code via email and an authentication code via text. The IRS email and text will contain a one-time code that the user will use to finalize your registration. After a login has been created, continue by entering your IRS username.
- Select the reason the transcript is needed: Higher education or student aid.
- Go to the wage and income transcript section and click the 2020 year to print your transcript.
- You can request a 2020 Wage and Income Transcript from the IRS by printing and completing the IRS Form 4506-T from the IRS website. Please use the tips below to complete the 4506-T.
- Enter your 10-digit ASU ID number on line five (customer file number).
- Check box eight (Form W-2).
- On line nine, enter 12/31/2020.
- Sign and submit the form to the IRS.
- After the IRS processes the IRS Form 4506-T, the Wage and Income Transcript will be mailed to you in seven to ten calendar days.
Request a 2020 IRS Tax Return Transcript from the IRS. Once received, upload a copy in the eForm below.
How to request a 2020 IRS Tax Return Transcript
- Print the IRS Form 4506T-EZ at www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506tez.pdf.
- Complete lines 1 through 4 and enter your 10-digit ASU ID number on line 5. On line 6, enter the year 2020. Then, sign the form.
- Submit the completed 4506T-EZ to the IRS using the address listed on the form. It can take seven to ten days to receive by mail.
- Once received, upload a copy in the eForm below.