Complete and submit online.
2021–2022 Independent Status Verification
Financial Aid and Scholarship Services will request this documentation only when needed to complete verification. If this item is listed under your Financing Tasks in My ASU, your financial aid awarding and disbursement will be placed on hold.
You can view your document status on My ASU’s Finances tab. Please allow 2 to 3 business days for receipt to show in your Financing Tasks.
Purpose: This form is to confirm that you correctly answered yes to the FAFSA dependency question(s).
- If none of the statuses listed in the form apply to you, do not submit this form. You must correct your responses to the FAFSA dependency question(s) to "No". Then, include your parents’ information and parent signature. Check your Financing Tasks on My ASU 3 to 5 business days after correcting your FAFSA. You may be required to submit additional documents. Once you have corrected your FAFSA, this item will be removed from your Financing Tasks on My ASU.
- If you are unable to provide parent information on the FAFSA due to an unusual circumstance (e.g., parents are incarcerated/institutionalized, abusive family environment, abandonment), submit a 2021–2022 Dependency Review instead of this form.
- If you do not have an unusual circumstance but your parent refuses to complete the FAFSA, and does not and will not financially support you, submit the Request for Federal Student Loan Due to Parental Nondisclosure eForm instead of this form.
- Click on the eForm below and follow the instructions provided.
- Select the status that applies to you and upload documentation supporting that status.
- Submit the eForm.