Complete and submit online.
2023-2024 Student marital status verification
If this item is listed under your Financing Tasks in My ASU, your financial aid disbursement will be placed on hold until you provide the information requested.
Why this is needed
This eForm is used for two different scenarios:
- The marital status reported on your FAFSA conflicts with the information reported on your household size form, your tax return or other documents submitted in support of your financial aid application.
- You are a dependent student and were married after you completed the 2023–2024 FAFSA.
Need to request tax documents from the IRS? Here's how:
Call the IRS at -1-800-908-9946 and follow the prompts. If you didn’t file taxes, you will receive a Verification of Nonfiling Letter instead of transcripts.
Visit the IRS transcript page and select Get Transcript Online. Follow the prompts.
Print IRS Form 4506-T from the IRS website. Complete lines 1 through 4 and enter your student 10-digit ASU ID number on line 5 (Customer File Number). Be sure to check number 7 (Verification of Nonfiling) or number 6 (Tax Return Transcript). On line 9, enter the date 12/31/2021. Then, sign and submit to the IRS. It will take seven to ten business days to receive the VONF or tax return transcript by mail.
- Request a replacement copy from the employer who issued the original.
- You and your spouse can instantly retrieve a wage and income transcript online at the IRS Get Transcript website. The online tool requires the user to register before submitting a request. The user can only use this option if they have the following:
- Access to a valid email address.
- A Social Security number.
- Filing status and address from the last-filed tax return.
- A text-enabled mobile phone in the user’s name (pay-as-you-go plans cannot be used).
- Personal account number from one of the following: credit card, home mortgage loan, home equity line of credit or car loan.
- During the registration process, the IRS will send the user a confirmation code via email and an authentication code via text. The IRS email and text will contain a one-time code that the user will use to finalize your registration. After a login has been created, continue by entering your IRS username.
- Select the reason the transcript is needed: Higher education or student aid.
- Go to the wage and income transcript section and click the 2021 year to print your transcript.
- You and your spouse can request a 2021 wage and income transcript from the IRS by printing and completing the IRS Form 4506-T from the IRS website.
Please use the tips below to complete the 4506-T:
- Enter your 10-digit ASU ID number on line 5 (customer file number).
- Check box 8 (Form W-2).
- On line 9, enter 12/31/2021.
- Sign and submit it to the IRS.
- After the IRS processes the IRS Form 4506-T, the wage and income transcript will be mailed to you in seven to ten days.
- Click on the eForm below and follow the instructions provided.
- Submit the eForm.
You can view your document status on My ASU’s Finances tab. Please allow two to three business days after submitting your form for our receipt to show in your Financing Tasks.