2021–2022 Parent W-2 Verification
Financial Aid and Scholarship Services will request this documentation only if it is needed to complete your financial aid file. If this item is listed under your Financing Tasks in My ASU, your financial aid awarding and disbursement will be placed on hold.
You can view your document status on My ASU’s Finances tab. Please allow 2 to 3 business days for receipt to show in your Financing Tasks.
Purpose: W-2 forms are used to verify the following:
- Income earned from work.
- Payments to tax deferred pension and retirement savings.
- Clergy parsonage allowances.
- Untaxed combat pay.
This form must be completed by the parent who is listed on your FAFSA. You will need to provide the parent listed on your FAFSA guest access to My ASU in order for them to electronically complete and sign parent forms. To provide guest access, complete the Parent Guest Access checklist, if you have not already done so. Once you provide guest access, your parent will need to complete the Parent Signature Verification checklist in order to begin to sign and complete forms electronically.
Your parents can use one of the following methods to replace their 2019 W-2 Forms.
- Have your parent(s) request a replacement copy from the employer who issued the original.
- Your parent(s) can request a 2019 Wage and Income Transcript from the IRS by printing and completing the IRS Form 4506-T from the IRS website.
- Please use the tips below to complete the 4506-T.
- Enter your 10-digit ASU ID number on line 5 ( customer file number).
- Check box 8 (Form W-2).
- On line 9, enter 12/31/2019.
- Have your parent sign and submit it to the IRS.
- After the IRS processes the IRS Form 4506-T, the Wage and Income Transcript will be mailed to them in 7 to 10 days.