Complete and submit online.
Parent W-2 verification 2024-2025
If this item is listed under your Financing Tasks in My ASU, your financial aid disbursement will be placed on hold until you provide the information requested.
Why this is needed
W-2 forms are used to verify the following:
- Income earned from work.
- Payments to tax-deferred pension and retirement savings.
This eForm must be completed by the parent listed on your FAFSA. You will need to provide the parent listed on your FAFSA guest access to My ASU in order for them to electronically complete and sign parent eForms. To grant your parent guest access, visit My ASU - Add a Guest. Under Finances, check the box next to View my tasks. Once you provide guest access, your parent will need to complete the Parent Signature Verification task in order to sign and complete eForms electronically.
Your parents can use one of the following methods to replace their 2022 W-2 forms.
- Request a replacement copy from the employer who issued the original.
- Your parent(s) can instantly retrieve a wage and income transcript online at the IRS Get Transcript website. The online tool requires the user to register before submitting a request. The user can only use this option if they have the following:
- Access to a valid email address.
- A Social Security number.
- Their filing status and address from the last-filed tax return.
- A text-enabled mobile phone in the user’s name (pay-as-you-go plans cannot be used).
- Their personal account number from one of the following: credit card, home mortgage loan, home equity line of credit or car loan.
- During the registration process, the IRS will send the user a confirmation code via email and an authentication code via text. The IRS email and text will contain a one-time code that the user will use to finalize their registration. After a login has been created, continue by entering your IRS username.
- Select the reason the transcript is needed: Higher education or student aid.
- Go to the wage and income transcript section and click the 2022 year to print your transcript.
- Your parent(s) can request a 2022 Wage and Income Transcript from the IRS by printing and completing the IRS Form 4506-T from the IRS website. Please use the tips below to complete the 4506-T.
- Enter your 10-digit ASU ID number on line 5 (customer file number).
- Check box 8 (Form W-2).
- On line 9, enter 12/31/2022.
- Have your parent sign and submit it to the IRS.
- After the IRS processes the IRS Form 4506-T, the wage and income transcript will be mailed to them in seven to ten days.
- If your parent(s) were unsuccessful in obtaining the W-2 from the Internal Revenue Service you may submit a signed and dated statement instead of the W-2 form. They MUST wait a minimum of 10 business days after they have submitted Form 4506-T to the IRS before submitting a statement. Their statement must include all details listed below:
- Your parent(s) full name. Your parent(s) did not file. Your parent(s) have been unsuccessful in obtaining an IRS W-2 form. The date your parent(s) attempted to contact the IRS. Indicate whether or not your parent(s) have a Social Security number or Individual Tax Identification number. Indicate, your parent(s) had earned income from work in 2022 and the amount of income earned and the name of the employer.
You can view your document status in My ASU under the Finances tab. Please allow two to three business days after you submit the form for our receipt to show in your Financing Tasks.