Complete and submit online.
2021–2022 Selective Service Registration Verification
Financial Aid and Scholarship Services will request this documentation only if it is needed to complete your financial aid file. If this item is listed under your Financing Tasks in My ASU, your financial aid disbursement will be placed on hold.
You can view your document status on My ASU’s Finances tab. Please allow 2 to 3 business days for receipt to show in your Financing Tasks.
Purpose: The Selective Service System was unable to confirm your registration. Therefore you must provide the school documentation based on the scenario that best describes your situation.
- A copy of your Selective Service registration card.
- A copy of your Selective Service registration acknowledgment (available after registration is completed on the Selective Service website.
- Males born before 1960.
- Students born female.
- Transgender males who were assigned the sex of female at birth.
- Males who were not yet 18 at the time the FAFSA was completed.
- Male noncitizens who first entered the U.S. after they turned 26 years old.
- Male noncitizens who entered the U.S. as a lawful nonimmigrant and remained in the U.S. on a nonimmigrant visa until after they turned 26 years old (i.e., held an F-1, F-2 or M-1 foreign student visa until age 26).
- Males currently in the armed services and on active duty. This exception does not apply to members of the Reserve and National Guard who are not on active duty.
- Male citizens of the Republic of Palau, the Republic of the Marshall Islands or the Federated States of Micronesia; however, a citizen or national of the Republic of the Marshall Islands or the Federated States of Micronesia who lives in the U.S. for more than one year for any reason except as a student or employee of the government of his homeland must register.
Other less common situations in which registration is not required:
- Males who are unable to register due to being hospitalized, incarcerated or institutionalized between ages 18 to 25.
- Males who are enrolled in any officer procurement program at The Citadel, North Georgia College and State University, Norwich University, Virginia Military Institute, Texas A&M University or Virginia Polytechnic and State University.
- Males who are commissioned Public Health Service officers on active duty or members of the Reserve of the Public Health Service on specified active duty.
First, request a Status Information Letter online or by calling 1-847-688-6888. Once received, upload the Status Information Letter to the eForm below, as well as a signed personal letter that explains the following:
- Where you were living between ages 18 and 25.
- Whether or not you thought you registered and the method used if attempted.
- If applicable, why you were not aware of the widely publicized requirement to register when you were age 18 to 25.
- If applicable, the date you first entered the U.S., your immigration status at that time and the date you applied for permanent residency or U.S. citizenship.
- Any other information pertinent to your Selective Service registration.
- Click on the eForm below.
- If you were required to register, upload acceptable documentation of your Selective Service registration.
- If you were not required to register, upload documentation showing you meet one of the registration exemptions.
- If you were required to register, but did not register before your 26th birthday, upload documentation showing how your lack of registration was not knowing and willful.
- Sign and submit the eForm to ASU Financial Aid and Scholarship Services.