Complete and submit online.
Student/spouse W-2 verification 2023-2024
If this item is listed under your Financing Tasks in My ASU, your financial aid disbursement will be placed on hold until you provide the information requested.
Why this is needed
W-2 forms are used to verify the following:
- Income earned from work.
- Payments to tax-deferred pension and retirement savings.
- Clergy parsonage allowances.
- Untaxed combat pay.
You/your spouse can use one of the following methods to replace your 2021 W-2 forms.
- Request a replacement copy from the employer who issued the original.
- You can instantly retrieve a wage and income transcript online at the IRS Get Transcript website. The online tool requires the user to register before submitting a request. The user can only use this option if they have the following:
- Access to a valid email address.
- A Social Security number.
- Their filing status and address from the last-filed tax return.
- A text-enabled mobile phone in the user’s name (pay-as-you-go plans cannot be used).
- Their personal account number from one of the following: credit card, home mortgage loan, home equity line of credit or car loan.
- During the registration process, the IRS will send the user a confirmation code via email and an authentication code via text. The IRS email and text will contain a one-time code that the user will use to finalize their registration. After a login has been created, continue by entering your IRS username.
- Select the reason the transcript is needed: Higher education or student aid.
- Go to the wage and income transcript section and click the 2021 year to print your transcript.
- You/your spouse can request a 2021 Wage and Income Transcript from the IRS by printing and completing the IRS Form 4506-T from the IRS website. Please use the tips below to complete the 4506-T.
- Enter your 10-digit ASU ID number on line 5 (customer file number).
- Check box 8 (Form W-2).
- On line 9, enter 12/31/2021.
- Sign and submit it to the IRS.
- After the IRS processes the IRS Form 4506-T, the transcript will be mailed to you in seven to ten days.
You can view your document status in My ASU under the Finances tab. Please allow two to three business days after you submit the form for our receipt to show in your Financing Tasks.
- Click on the eForm below and follow the instructions provided.
- Submit the eForm.