2024-2025 Student Social Security card

If this item is listed under your Financing Tasks in My ASU, your financial aid disbursement will be placed on hold until you provide the information requested.

Why this is needed

We need a copy of your Social Security card to verify that the information you provided on your FAFSA matches the information on file with the Social Security Administration.

If you have legally changed your name, ASU may require additional documentation, such as a marriage certificate or other legal name change documentation, after your Social Security card is reviewed.

If you do not have a copy, or have lost your Social Security card, you can request another copy from the Social Security Administration online at www.ssa.gov or by calling 1-800-772-1213.

We will notify you by ASU email if you are required to make a correction to your name, date of birth or Social Security number on your FAFSA.


  1. Click on the eForm below and follow the instructions provided.
  2. Upload a copy of your Social Security card.
  3. Submit the eForm.

You can view your document status on My ASU's Finances tab. Please allow two to three business days after you submit it for our receipt to show in your Financing Tasks.

Complete and submit online.

Download Forms: