Student aid adjustment & return of financial aid funds

You can adjust or cancel your awards, even after they have been disbursed to you. You can also request to have a loan you previously declined reoffered to you. Choose the scenario below that best describes your situation.

Please note that if 120 days have passed since your loan was disbursed, your request will not be processed. Please contact your servicer for information on how to reduce or cancel your loan if you have passed this threshold.

You can reduce or increase the amount of the loan you are borrowing, even after you’ve accepted the loan. Just select the eForm for the correct aid year below and follow the instructions to adjust your award amount.

You can cancel your federal loan(s), Graduate PLUS loan(s), or TEACH grant, even after you’ve accepted them. Just select the eForm for the correct aid year below and follow the instructions to cancel your award.

Your parent(s) can cancel or adjust the amount of a Parent PLUS Loan. You, the student, will need to complete a Parent Loan Action Request form to initiate the process, then the parent with the Parent PLUS loan will see a priority task in My ASU when they log in as a guest.

To cancel or reduce a loan that has already been disbursed, print and complete the pdf form for the correct aid year below. You will be required to pay back the portion of the funds that you cancel once they have been disbursed. You must submit the form to Financial Aid and Scholarship Services within 120 days of disbursement of your funds. If you wish to return the funds after the 120 day deadline, please contact your loan servicer to make payment arrangements.

Complete and submit online.