Complete and submit online.
2024-2025 Request for Federal Student Loan Due to Parental Nondisclosure
If this item is listed under your Financing Tasks in My ASU, your financial aid disbursement will be placed on hold until you provide the information requested.
Why this is needed
You indicated on your 2024-2025 FAFSA that you are applying for only a student Direct Unsubsidized Loan and did not report parent information.
This process is only for students who are (a) considered dependent for federal student aid purposes, and (b) whose parents do not financially support them and refuse to provide their information and signature on their student's 2024-2025 FAFSA.
This request will only provide students with the opportunity to borrow a Direct Unsubsidized Loan based on the annual dependent undergraduate student loan limits below.
|Grade Level (based on credit hours earned)
|Annual Dependent Undergraduate Loan Limit
|$5,500 unsubsidized loan
|$6,500 unsubsidized loan
|$7,500 unsubsidized loan
|Maximum lifetime borrowing limit while considered dependent by the FAFSA
|$31,000 unsubsidized loan
- If you have unusual circumstances (incarcerated parents, abusive family environment, abandonment, etc.) that prevent you from obtaining parent information and signature, submit a 2022-2023 Dependency Review and all required documentation at https://tuition.asu.edu/find-a-form/dependency-review.
- If your parents are financially supporting you, correct your 2022-2023 FAFSA to include your parent's information and signature. Note: if your parents add their information and signature to your FAFSA, they will not become responsible for any of your ASU charges or be required to financially support you in any way. It will just help you be considered for as many sources of financial aid as possible. Corrections may take up to a week for processing. Monitor My ASU for updates.
NOTE: If you are seeking to participate in the Starbucks College Achievement Plan, the ASU + Uber Education Partnership, or our partnerships with Aramark, Prime Communications, or any other partnership program that requires a FAFSA, you cannot use this form and receive the partnership benefits.
- Use the ASU Payment Plan to split up your semester's charges over three payments within the semester. Find more information.
- Apply for a private student loan. Private student loans are subject to credit approval and may be denied. Apply directly with a lender of your choice. Visit our private student loan website for instructions on how to apply including how to compare lenders, loan certification and disbursement information.
- You may need to work in order to meet education and living expenses. There are student employment opportunities on campus. View all types of student job listings and follow the instructions to apply for jobs on our student jobs website.
- There are a multitude of scholarships available from a variety of sources. Learn about all types of scholarships and how to apply on our scholarships website.
- Click on the eForm below and follow the instructions provided.
- Upload a signed letter from your legal parent(s) stating their refusal to complete the 2024-2025 FAFSA OR that they do not and will not financially support you, including the date their support ended. If your parent(s) refuse to sign a statement to this effect, you must get a statement from a third party, such as a teacher, counselor, cleric or court.
- Submit the eForm to ASU's Financial Aid and Scholarship Services.